Moish chairs FRB’s Intellectual Property Practice Group and co-chairs FRB’s Emerging Technology & Blockchain Practice Group. Moish advises numerous companies on blockchain, cryptocurrency, Web3 and NFT matters, with a focus on the intersection of IP and cryptocurrency. Moish has been advising cryptocurrency ventures since 2014, and combines his knowledge of the blockchain with a decade of IP and business law experience where he helps entrepreneurs grow their businesses and brands.
Moish has been quoted in numerous publications on NFT- and blockchain-related matters, including: The Washington Post, NPR, Time, CoinDesk, ABA Journal, LA Magazine, TheStreet, and Law360. He has also presented at numerous conferences and webinars on related topics.
Moish’s practice encompasses both transactional and business litigation matters. His practice also focuses on U.S. and worldwide trademark prosecution and enforcement, including litigation before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB). His previous experience includes working at a premier IP law firm where he acted as trial counsel in numerous contested IP matters before U.S. District Courts and Courts of Appeal.
Moish has worked across numerous industries, including technology, energy, and renewable energy, entertainment, media, and advertising, real estate, hospitality, education, cryptocurrency and NFTs, legal cannabis (including hemp and CBD), and medical/health care. He has assisted entrepreneurs, artists, and non-profits with their various legal needs.
When not practicing law, Moish enjoys playing saxophone, creating music, and collecting NFTs. He enjoys reading non-fiction and follows the latest trends in internet and technology law. He lives in the NY Metro area with his wife and two children.
- University of Florida Fredric G. Levin College of Law – Juris Doctor, with Certificate in Intellectual Property Law
- Union College – Bachelor of Arts, History, and Music
- State of New York
- State of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Member of the Emerging Issues Committee and Blockchain Subcommittee for 2022-2023
- International Cannabis Bar Association (INCBA)
- New York State Bar Association (NYSBA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars for 2021, 2022
- Top Lawyers of Long Island – Emerging Technologies for 2021
- NFT.NYC 2023 (planned)
- DCentral Miami 2022
- NFT.London 2022
- NFT.NYC 2022
- Intellectual Property Committee of the Florida Bar Business Law Section – CLE presentation on NFTs & Intellectual Property (2022)
- DCentral Miami 2021
- NFT.NYC 2021
- NFTCON 2021
- Alt Legal Connect 2021 – In High Demand: Crafting Effective and Creative Demand Letters
- Strafford Webinar (CLE Course): Buying and Selling NFTs via Blockchain: Ownership Rights, IP Concerns, First Sale Doctrine
- Alt Legal Webinar (CLE Course): Fun with Non-Fungibles: NFT and Blockchain Basics for IP Attorneys
- IE University Webinar: 21st Century Renaissance: The Rise of NFTs
- Webinar: Are NFTs Securities?
- Webinar: Tokenizing Physicals as NFTs
- Webinar: NFT Basics – The Legal Implications of NFTs you Can’t Ignore
- Webinar: NFTs for Content Creators, Licensees, and Copyright Holders
- Webinar: A Day in the Life of an Ether: Cryptocurrency, DeFi and NFT Tax Consequences
- Judge Rules: NBA “Top Shot” Moment NFTs Might Be Securities
- Hermès v. Rothschild: A Landmark Decision for Trademarks and NFTs
- Cryptocurrency and Politics: How Donald Trump and SBF Demonstrate the Potential Impact of Digital Assets on Campaign Finance Laws
- Exploring the Legal Minefield of ChatGPT and Intellectual Property Rights
- FRB’s Moish Peltz Presents to the World Intellectual Property Organization
- Federal Court Sides With the SEC, Sounding the Alarm for All Crypto Projects
- Do DAO Participants Know They Have Legal Exposure for Their DAO Participation?
- Motion to Dismiss Denied in Hermès’ Case Against ‘MetaBirkins’ Artist
- FRB Featured in Washington Lawyer on Business & Law in the Metaverse
- From the Discord Server to the Courthouse: Lessons Learned From Early NFT Lawsuits
- NFTs for Content Creators, Licensees and Copyright Holders
- IP and Non-Fungibility: The Intersection of Intellectual Property and NFTs