Falcon, Rappaport & Berkman PLLC (FRB) has a history of guiding clients to beneficial outcomes by calling upon its team of seasoned counselors who have a wealth of experience in the areas of law that affect companies most. The Firm’s Corporate & Securities Group regularly represents start-ups, emerging and established companies, entrepreneurs, investors, family-offices and private investment funds. For this reason, FRB’s clients repeatedly entrust their most complex and important transactions to FRB. FRB’s corporate team provides innovative, insightful guidance across a full range of services, including:
- New Company Formation: FRB’s dedicated, knowledgeable team advises on company formation and growth-stage matters ranging from incorporation, founders’ agreements, and venture financing to intellectual property, licensing, and beyond. When counseling clients on forming new companies, the FRB team has equal proficiency in advising serial innovators and first-time entrepreneurs.
- Corporate Governance: FRB’s team acts as outside general counsel to start-ups, emerging companies, and established businesses by advising them on a wide array of matters, including review of a company’s legal structure, compliance and governance matters, and legal issues relating to their business operations. The rich knowledge of the regulatory landscape that FRB’s team brings enables it to resolve challenging issues quickly and efficiently.
- Corporate Finance/Private Securities Offerings: FRB assists with private placements of equity and debt, so both issuers and investors look to us for assistance with complex equity and debt securities offerings. FRB’s practice applies insight into lower and middle-market acquisitions and venture capital deals to structure investments that lead to durable, mutually beneficial partnerships between investors, entrepreneurs and management teams.
- Business Succession and Exit Planning: As part of, and in
conjunction with FRB’s representation of companies, the FRB team
counsels clients on business succession, buy-sell agreements among
equity holders, and strategies for exiting their companies. FRB has
developed a comprehensive approach to assist myriad small- and
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A): FRB’s team has years of experience guiding lower and middle-market companies in a wide-variety of industries through mergers and acquisitions, including deal structure and tax considerations.
- Private Investment Funds: No two investments are identical; fully aware of this, the FRB team invests significant time and effort into understanding both the objectives of each fund and the nature of the fund’s offering. FRB’s team shepherds sponsors and fund managers through the process of forming, structuring and operating private investment funds, and continues to provide guidance throughout the fund’s life cycle.