Cannabis & Psychedelics
The Falcon Rappaport & Berkman Cannabis & Psychedelics Practice Group is composed of an interdisciplinary team across FRB’s various practice groups. The Practice is focused on keeping FRB’s clients ahead of the curve on forming and operating legal cannabis businesses in New York State and beyond. Our team is capable advising cannabis clients on matters related to:
- Cannabis business formation, investment and fundraising
- Real Estate for cannabis uses, including acquisition, disposition, leasing, land use and zoning issues
- Cannabis taxation and tax planning for cannabis businesses at the State and Federal level, including the potential use of Qualified Opportunity Zones (or QOZs) for cannabis businesses
- Cannabis licenses and compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Intellectual property protections, helping cannabis businesses build and grow their brands at both the Federal and State levels
- Commercial contracts and license agreements
- Securities issues related to cannabis investment offerings
- Issues related to hemp and CBD
In addition to cannabis, FRB leverages its controlled substances experience and extensive background in therapeutic services to assist those seeking to launch or expand their legal psychedelic business. We are focused on providing legal guidance and representation to businesses, organizations, and individuals operating in the field of psychedelic medicine and therapy. Our specialized approach to this emerging industry is intended to help clients cut through the complex state-by-state legal and regulatory environment.
The firm’s cross-disciplinary approach combines in-depth advice for all matters of business, deep subject matter proficiency, and proactive analysis of relevant laws and markets. Anticipating the needs of existing and upcoming psychedelic businesses, our attorneys have endeavored to become leading experts in all matters of hallucinogenic compounds, including therapeutic service provision, managing multi-level compliance, and navigating ongoing regulatory changes. We stay up-to-date on the evolving laws and regulations surrounding psychedelics and are committed to helping our clients operate in compliance with applicable laws while advancing the expansion of this emerging industry.
How Can We Help?
The attorneys at Falcon Rappaport & Berkman understand the complexities around forming and operating legal cannabis and psychedelics businesses and our team provides its clients with a full suite of legal services. Please contact us today if you have any questions about how we can help your cannabis or psychedelic business.
Note: Possessing, using, distributing and/or selling cannabis and psilocybin remains illegal under federal laws of the United States and nothing contained on this website nor any of the services provided by FRB are intended to assist in any way with violation of applicable local, state, or federal laws.