Andrew leads FRB’s Healthcare and Cannabis Practice Groups and contributes to the Commercial Litigation Practice Group. He has dedicated his career to delivering exceptional legal services and to handling high-stakes litigation for a diverse clientele.
With over 30 years of experience in the area, Andrew’s healthcare practice includes representing various cross-sections of healthcare providers including physician groups, hospitals, physician/hospital organizations, independent practice associations, diagnostic and treatment centers, office-based and ambulatory surgery centers, effectively acting as general counsel in all aspects of business operations including transactions, employment, human resources, and litigation matters.
Andrew’s cannabis practice includes a full range of legal and consultative services in all areas of cannabis law. These include licensure preparation, applications, and strategy, business planning, industry segmentation, establishing partnerships and joint ventures, branding and intellectual property, real estate, regulatory compliance matters, and industry advocacy. He works with health care professionals, canna-business entrepreneurs, municipalities, caregivers, patients, and others in handling all aspects of the emerging cannabis industry. Andrew has assisted clients in obtaining licenses in numerous states in both competitive and non-competitive licensure processes.
Andrew was the Business Administrator of the Hofstra Law Review and did a Federal Clerkship with the Honorable Thomas J. McAvoy, District Judge, Northern District of New York. Andrew is also an Adjunct Professor at the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University where he teaches a class entitled Foundational Lawyering.
- New York University School of Law – Master of Laws
- Hofstra University School of Law – Juris Doctor
- Hofstra University – Bachelor of Business Administration – Public Accounting
- State of New York
- State of New Jersey
- State of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Florida Supreme Court Qualified Arbitrator
- Hofstra Law Review, Business Administrator
- A Complete Breakdown of New York’s Latest Cannabis Guidance
- Biden Announces Mass Pardon & Plans to Reschedule Cannabis – But What Does That Mean?
- Can Conditional Adult-Use Retail Dispensary Licensees Use Sites Not Designated by the OCM?
- Senators File Comprehensive Federal Cannabis Legalization Bill: Cannabis Administration and Opportunity Act (CAOA)
- New York Takes Another Step Closer to Adult-Use Cannabis: OCM Releases Draft Rules on Packaging and Marketing
- New York Lays Down the Law on Illicit Cannabis Operations
- Executive Director Gives Update on New York Adult-Use Licensure Timeline
- The House Passes SAFE Banking for a Sixth Time… What Will It Take to Pass?
- The New York Medical Psilocybin Legislation and Beyond