Rachael is the Chair of FRB’s Campaign Compliance and Election Law Group. She focuses her practice on compliance with the complex federal, state and local laws that govern political activity, including ballot access, and provides political compliance counsel to corporations, nonprofit organizations, political parties, political committees, candidates for office, and advocacy groups.
Rachael also participates in the firm’s trusts and estates matters and is the Chair of FRB’s Estate Administration Group. She prepares wills and trusts to help clients avoid probate, appoint guardians for their minor children, and protect assets from creditors. Rachael handles the administration and distribution of her clients’ estates and trusts and represents beneficiaries, trustees and other interested parties in all trusts and estates matters. Rachael is a Guardian Ad Litem, appointed by the Court to advocate for infants or unknown heirs.
Prior to joining the firm, Rachael was the Director of Compliance and Budget on a New York City Mayoral campaign and was also an Assistant District Attorney in Richmond County. While in law school, Rachael interned for the Honorable Paul A. Crotty of United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and was in her school’s Criminal Justice Clinic, winning the only clinic trial of that year.
Rachael guest lectures at Fordham University’s Master of Arts in Elections and Campaign Management program about matters of campaign finance and election law.
When not practicing law, Rachael enjoys exploring NYC, cooking, reading the NY Post and of course, rooting for her beloved Hoyas and Yankees.
- Georgetown University Law Center – Juris Doctor, with pro bono honors
- Georgetown University – Bachelor of Arts, Government, and Sociology
- State of New York
- New York City Bar Association (NYCBA) – Election Law Committee, Chair
- New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) – Trusts and Estate Section; Elder Law and Special Needs Section; Local and State Government Law Section
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars for 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- NBI Webinar (CLE Course) 2022: Advanced Estate Administration: A New York Guide
- NBI Webinar (CLE Course): Election Law 2022
- Webinar 2021: What you need to know about Ranked Choice Voting
- Did You Know That Series: Election Law 2020
- Gotham Gazette Town Hall: Understanding Your Ballot 2018
- Fourteen FRB Attorneys Selected to 2023 New York Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
- Rachael A. Harding Explores the Impact of Rank Choice Voting on WFUV Daily News Podcast
- Cryptocurrency and Politics: How Donald Trump and SBF Demonstrate the Potential Impact of Digital Assets on Campaign Finance Laws