Emerging Technologies & Blockchain
The Falcon Rappaport & Berkman LLP (FRB) Emerging Technologies Practice Group is composed of an interdisciplinary team across FRB’s various practice groups. The Practice is focused on keeping FRB’s clients ahead of the curve on cutting edge technologies, including cryptocurrency. FRB’s Emerging Technologies Practice Group has advised, is advising clients, or is capable advising clients on matters related to:
- Cryptocurrency businesses and funds
- Intellectual Property (IP) implications of cryptocurrency with a special focus on the commercialization of NFTs (or Non-Fungible Tokens)
- Cryptocurrency taxation, including for decentralized finance (or DeFi)
- Cryptocurrency disputes, including litigation, arbitration and mediation
- Tax and Estate planning for cryptocurrency and NFT holders, including the potential use of Qualified Opportunity Zones (or QOZs)
- Securities issues related to cryptocurrency offerings
- Real Estate ownership and transfer of real estate assets on the blockchain
- Corporate governance, including decentralized antonymous organizations (or DAOs)
- Issues with Cryptocurrency trading, airdrops, and tokens
Please contact us if you have any questions relating to emerging technologies or other cryptocurrency matters.
For especially sensitive matters that require end-to-end encryption you may email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
FRB is able to accept payments for legal services in cryptocurrency. Please contact us to learn more.