Ms. Guseynov has been admitted to practice before the New York State and federal courts for more than a decade. Her practice concentrates on corporate and financial restructurings, bankruptcy litigation, secured transactions and financings, general corporate matters and debtors’ and creditors’ rights. Ms. Guseynov has represented debtors, creditors, asset acquirers, financial institutions, landlords/lessors, contract counterparties, and official and ad hoc creditors’ committees in large-asset bankruptcies, out-of-court workouts and adversary proceedings in numerous industries. She also has years of experience in all aspects of creditors’ rights issues, including but not limited to prosecution of foreclosure actions and representation of secured and unsecured creditors in chapter 7 and chapter 13 cases. She is a member of the firm’s Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights Group.
Ms. Guseynov received her J.D., cum laude, from Hofstra University School of Law, where she was a Notes and Comments Editor on the Hofstra Law Review and on the Dean’s List.
Ms. Guseynov received her B.A. in Political Science and Communications/Media Studies, summa cum laude, from Fordham University, where she was elected to admission in Phi Beta Kappa Academic Honor Society, Phi Kappa Phi Academic Honor Society and Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Society.
- State of New York
- United States District Courts for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of New York
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Guseynov was an associate at Weltman & Moskowitz, LLP. Prior to that, she worked as an associate at Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP.
Areas of Concentration
- Creditors Rights and Bankruptcy
- Adversary Proceeding Litigation
- Business Corporation
- Banks and Credit Unions
- Represented a large commercial real estate investment and development company in the out-of-court restructuring of its loan portfolio.
- Represented a leading U.S. and European manufacturer of aluminum, steel, vinyl, and fiberglass fabricated products in successfully restructuring its debt outside of bankruptcy.
- Represented a leading roadside assistance company in effectuating a global settlement with major creditors outside of bankruptcy.
- Represented the owner of a large Manhattan residential property in preparing to file a chapter 11 case.
- Represented a telecommunications company in connection with efforts to negotiate with major creditors and prepare for a chapter 11 filing.
- Represented a controlling group of secured bondholders in connection with efforts to maximize their recoveries in the restructuring of financial services firm.
- Represented the official committee of equity security holders in the chapter 11 case of a leading energy generation company.
- Represented the official committee of unsecured creditors in the chapter 11 case of a lumber and pulp manufacturer.
- Represented the official committee of unsecured creditors in the chapter 11 case of a major Nevada gaming and entertainment company.
- Represented the seller in a $5 million asset sale of a music publishing company.
- Represented the lender in a $1.3 million financing transaction.