Alan advises clients on a wide range of federal and international tax matters. Prior to joining FRB, he was associated with Sony Corporation for nearly 30 years, lastly as Vice President in the Global Tax Office, where he led strategic and transactional tax planning initiatives with an emphasis on the media and entertainment businesses.
Earlier in his career, he was with the District Counsel of the Internal Revenue Service in the New Orleans and Brooklyn offices, where he litigated tax cases before the U.S. Tax Court. In his corporate and government roles, he has obtained broad experience in many areas of tax planning and controversy, including business integration and restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, intercompany transactions, transfer pricing, tax treaty matters (including competent authority negotiations), ruling requests, and audit defense.
- New York University School of Law – LL.M. in Taxation
- University of Buffalo School of Law – Juris Doctor
- State University of New York at Albany – Bachelor of Arts, Economics
- State of New York
- State of Florida
- American Bar Association – Section on Taxation
- International Fiscal Association
- President of the Board of Managers – The Fairway of North Hills