Perry Balagur is a real estate attorney with extensive experience at major New York City law firms and in-house in all aspects of real estate and development law, including: commercial transactional real estate, financing and securitizations, development, real estate related litigation, construction, real estate securities offering plans and amendments, condominiums, cooperatives and home owners’ associations and law, commercial leasing and commercial landlord and tenant law, construction contracts and disputes, brokerage and management agreements, zoning, arbitration and litigation management. During his career Perry has been involved in development of thousands of condominium units and many major New York City buildings.
Outside of work, Perry is a long-time sports car enthusiast and collector, a golfer and has volunteered at all recent US Golf Opens in the area, has two children and one grandchild.
- St. John’s University School of Law – Juris Doctor
- University of Pittsburgh – Bachelor of Arts, History and English
- Former Chair, Real Property Section, New York County Lawyers Association.
- Chaired seminars, lectured and wrote articles on real estate topics for New York State Bar Association, Law Journal Seminars Press, New York Law Journal, Community Associations Institute, Association of the Bar of the City of New York, New York County Lawyers Association, Brooklyn Bar Association, Associated Builders and Owners of Greater New York and others.
- Former Chair, New York State Bar Association Real Property Section subcommittee on Condominium lending legislation and legislation.
- Founding Member, New York State Bar Association Real Property Section Committee on Condominium and Cooperatives.
- Chair of Legal Committee and Director, Associated Builders and Owners of Greater New York.
- Former State Director, New York State Builders Association.
- Former Member, Joint Bar Association Committee on New York Revised Real Estate Contract of Sale.
- Former Member, New York State Attorney General’s Martin Act Task Force and Condominium Act Task Force.
- Former President, Community Associations Institute Southern New York Chapter.
- Member, Board of Managers of my Condominium Association.
Areas of Concentration
- Real Estate – Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Real Estate – Real Estate Development
- Real Estate – Commercial Real Estate Lending
- Real Estate – Condominium and Homeowners Association Offering Plans