Michele brings vast expertise as a business advisor regarding all aspects of taxation with a concentration in trusts and estates. Her diverse experience and education bring clients a high quality of expertise in succession planning along with structuring for future needs. Many of Michele’s clients come to her because they don’t feel taken care of, educated, protected, and understood by their current advisor. Giving her clients her all so they feel safe, taken care of, and do not end up talking into the black hole of voicemail is why she is a trusted advisor.
Michele’s areas of expertise include but are not limited to: succession planning including estate and gift, trust, private foundation, individual, small businesses, investment partnerships, and tax controversy.
In addition to being a Partner at FRB, Michele leads Schlereth Tax and Accounting Group LLC, a full-service tax and accounting firm. She has also taught multiple sessions of Estate and Gift Taxation to Masters in Taxation students as an adjunct professor at her alma mater SUNY Old Westbury. Her previous experience includes serving as Senior Tax Manager for Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP for almost eight years. Prior to that, she was the Senior Accountant for another New York firm.
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center – Juris Doctor
- State University of New York at Old Westbury – Master’s in Taxation
- State University of New York at Old Westbury – Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- State University of New York at Old Westbury – Bachelor of Science in Finance
- State University of New York, Nassau Community college – Associates of Science in Business Administration
- State of New York
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Is a Quirk in Form 8960 Resulting in an Unintended Tax on Tax-Exempt Income?– November 2015 edition of the Tax Advisor
- SuperLawyers Rising Stars (2018-2020)