Michele K. Jaspan works in the firm’s bankruptcy and commercial litigation group. She has practiced before the state and federal courts for more than thirty-six years, primarily in the areas of debtors’ and creditors’ rights, bankruptcy, commercial and foreclosure litigation. She is an effective litigator as well as a creative problem solver. She is cognizant of her clients’ goals as well as their bottom lines.
Michele has been a member in good standing of the New York and New Jersey bars since 1987 and is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, as well as the United States Court, District Court of New Jersey.
Michele resides in New York and devotes her free time to her family and grandchildren.
- Yeshiva University – Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence – 1986
- Queens College
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts Magna – 1983
- New York, 1987
- New Jersey, 1987
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1988
- THW Enterprises, Inc., 89 B.R. 351 (Bkrtcy S.D.N.Y. 1988)
- In re Gibbons, 289 B.R. 588 (Bkrtcy S.D.N.Y. 2003)
- In re Beschloss, Case No. 15-12139 (MEW) (Bkrtcy S.D.N.Y. 2018)
- United Nations Federal Credit Union v. Diarra, 194 A.D. 3d 506, 149 N.Y.S. 3d 12 (1st Dep’t 2021)
Areas of Concentration
- Chapters 7, 11, 13 of the Bankruptcy Code
- Corporate and Consumer Bankruptcy
- Adversary Proceeding Litigation
- Banks, Credit Unions and Other Lenders
- Business, Corporate & Commercial Law
- Business Divorce
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial and Residential Foreclosure