Lou practices exclusively in the areas of estate planning, probate and the administration of estates and trusts, and estate and trust litigation. He handles all aspects of estate and trust administration, including appointment proceedings, the preparation and filing of estate and fiduciary income tax returns, accountings, the judicial and non-judicial settlement of same, and distribution to beneficiaries.
He also has vast experience handling all aspects of Surrogate’s Court civil litigation, from discovery (including the conducting of depositions) to motion practice, in New York State Surrogate’s Court, including contested probate, administration, accounting, discovery, guardianship, and all manner of miscellaneous proceedings. He appears regularly in the Surrogate’s Courts across the New York metropolitan area.
- Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University, cum laude
- State of New York
Areas of Concentration
- Trusts and Estates
- Estate Administration and Litigation
- New York State Bar Association (Trusts and Estates Section)
- Nassau County Bar Association (Surrogate’s Court Committee)
- Queens County Bar Association (LGBTQ Committee)