Michael Curatola’s legal practice focuses on transactional real estate matters, both commercial and residential. Michael has guided countless deals from contract to closing. His practical approach has been relied upon by lenders, co-op boards, and individuals with complex tax, corporate, and estate planning issues.
Michael has broad real estate experience, including commercial leasing, IRC1031 exchanges, land use, and charitable gifting of real property. Clients have saved money, time, and trouble by having Michael negotiate the terms of their contract or lease, or broker a closing table agreement. Michael also routinely advises clients in the cannabis industry about their real estate and broader legal needs.
Michael is a native Brooklynite and is committed to his hometown, having worked with local nonprofits and legal clinics. Michael is proud to offer access to his robust network of professionals across the city and Long Island, through whom he can assist with nearly any issue a client may have.
- Brooklyn Law School – Juris Doctor
- Stony Brook University, Bachelor of Arts, English, cum laude
- State of New York
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Professional Responsibility
- Brooklyn Law School Gold Pro Bono Award
- From Property to Purpose: Unleash the Power of Real Estate Charitable Gifting (2023)
- What Senior Housing Providers Need to Know About Cannabis (2023)
- New York City Bar Association
- NYC Cannabis Landlord Accountability Law Has Limitations, Law360, (2023, July 31).
- NYC Cannabis Landlord Accountability Law Has Limitations
- NYC Landlords Could Soon Be Liable for Unlicensed Cannabis Sales
- Blockchain Real Estate in 2023
- Property to Purpose: Unleash the Power of Real Estate Charitable Gifting
- A Complete Breakdown of New York’s Latest Cannabis Guidance
- New York Takes Another Step Closer to Adult-Use Cannabis: OCM Releases Draft Rules on Packaging and Marketing
- Tax Considerations for the Sports Card Market
- NFT Real Estate: Why and How the Real Estate Industry Can (and Should) Leverage the Blockchain and Other New and Emerging Technologies
- Should I Stay or Should I Go: Understanding the Ever-Changing Status of New York’s Eviction Moratorium
- “Real” Estate: How NFTs and Cryptocurrency Are Reshaping the Real Estate Industry
- Landlords’ Considerations for the Cannabis Real Estate Industry
- Uniform Partition of Heirs Property Act Partition by Sale in New York State
- The Basics of the Uniform Partition of Heirs Property Act in New York
- Determination of Market Value Under the Uniform Partition of Heirs Property Act